Annual events in Mugello and Val di Sieve
tuesday 12 march 2013 - 16:02
- Mugello Savours and Colours: March through September, 4th Sunday of each month.The arcades of Piazza della Vittoria host a market with all the genuine products and typical food of the Mugello countryside as well as the best local handicrafts.
- Etnica: people and street performers festival.
- "Vicchio 1529" – a reenactment of an event that took place in Vicchio in 1529. M.A.Z.E. is a craft show where the Mugello and Sieve valley producers and artisans come to display and sell their leather and ceramic items, local food products and much more. The "Fiera Calda" includes a cattle, sheep and horse fair at Ponte a Vicchio and the Fair of the 4 A's (Artisan crafts, Agriculture, Art and Antiques) in Vicchio.
- Visits to the house of Giotto.
- Visits to the Beato Angelico museum.
- Infiorata, floral exhibitions set in the streets of the historical center.
- 1st weekend in April: The historic setting of the Vicari palace, hosts a lively market of local specialties from selected Mugello producers of dairy products, olive oil, wine, honey, wild berries and mushrooms, cured meats and salami, Tuscan bread and much more.
- Cutting Blades Fair and Market - June to mid-September. Exhibition and sale of knives, cutlery, scissors, cutting blades, wrought iron.
- The Moto GP race at the Mugello Autodrome in June.
- Palio Diotto, local games that take place on 8 September. Renaissance Day, September.
- Rificolonata, ornamental floats and balloon launches, in September.
BORGO SAN LORENZO
- Agricultural Fair Mugello Borgo San Lorenzo, 2nd week of June, from Thursday to Sunday. the Foro Boario hosts a large trade fair of agricultural and livestock products.
- White Truffle market, 3rd weekend in November. While Villa Pecori Giraldi hosts the Mugello White Truffle Trade Fair, local restaurants join in the celebration and offer heavenly tastings truffle-based dishes.
SAN PIERO A SIEVE
- "Ingorgo sonoro", a music festival that takes place in the streets of the town in July.
- Trebbio Little Fair, 1st or 2nd weekend in July. Local gastronomy and crafts are exhibited in the charming setting of the historic gardens of the Trebbio Medici castle, where Giovanni dalle Bande Nere dwelled.
- "Ruralia", the last weekend in May at the Park of Villa Demidoff in Pratolino. For a decade now the agricultural and typical food fair organized in Pratolino near Florence takes place. During this event the world of agriculture, hunting and wildlife-environment is presented to the general public.